Mackay State High School P&C Association encourages close cooperation
between the school, parents and the wider community. P&C members work with
the Principal and school staff on behalf of students’ families to foster an
interest amongst the parents in educational matters as well as fundraising to
provide financial resources for the school.
community meet 6pm on the fourth Monday of each month (February to November) in
the Administration building. Each month we meet to share ideas and provide updates on projects occurring across the school community. Parents are
most welcome to attend meetings and contribute to the growth and development of
the school. From time to time the Association forms sub-committees to organise
and implement various activities, eg. Uniform Committee.
We only have approximately 10 meetings a year which go for around 90 minutes, so for a total of 15 hours for the year the benefits are as follows:
- A way to show your children that you place a high importance on their schooling and are willing to be involved in their schooling in addition to the support you give them at home.
- A way to meet and develop a working relationship with the administrative team of the school. Normally the Principal gives a report at each meeting and is very open to questions from parents on policy and procedures. This is a great insight into the school operation as well as a point of contact if you do have any issues.
- It is a way to give time to the community and also show your children that it is important to be involved in the community.
- It gives you an idea of the direction that the school is taking – what they are working towards and see as important which allows you to make an informed decision for your child's education.
- It is a place to voice ideas and concerns directly with the school and gain a better understanding of decisions made.
- It is an avenue to all work towards a better school for your child.
- A place to meet other parents and potentially make some new friends.
We are lucky to have a very profitable Tuckshop and Uniform Shop and so fundraising jobs to date have been non-existent which is great for all time deprived parents.
Tuckshop provides a variety of healthy food choices in accordance
with the SMART Choices guidelines. Tuckshop operates
every day before school and at lunch
breaks. Breakfast Club initiative sponsored by the P&C and Mackay
Community runs Monday – Thursday from the Hall. Parents/caregivers are always encouraged to
volunteer in the Tuckshop to help prepare food and serve. If you can assist in
any way, please contact the Managing Convenor, at the Tuckshop (Ph: 4957 9127).
Food can now be ordered online through Flexischools (flexischool example)Online Ordering https://www.flexischools.com.au/
Term 2 Tuckshop menu (PDF, 116KB)
Uniform Shop aims to supply all uniform needs at reasonable prices. We have an online eStore
available 24/7. Items ordered online are available for pick up from the uniform
shop the next open day. Open hours are currently Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8am – 11am. Eftpos is
the eStore website: https://schoolshoponline.net.au/mackayshs/index.aspx
Financial Assistance for Representation
Financial Assistance for Representation in
Sporting, Cultural or Academic Achievement please download application form Financial Assistance Request form for Representation
(PDF, 280 KB)
2022 Executive Committee
President: Majella Hoffman
Treasurer: Mel Hall
Secretary: Nichole Hood